Saturday, May 2, 2009

Back Story

I've always wanted to be a veterinarian. What made me want to be a vet? I dunno, really. I just always knew thats what I wanted to be. I remember, I used to happen along roadkill in my neighborhood and while my friends would be totally grossed out, I would be looking around for a stick to so I could take a look-see inside the creatures innerds. For personal reasons, I'll choose not to go into here, I made the decision to become a veterinary technician first. I loved being a technician, but quickly realized I would never be satisfied until I was able to be a doctor. So, 6 years, a husband and one kid later, I started applying to veterinary school. I think I actually told someone it was going to be a piece of cake to get accepted with my background. HAH! The joke was so on me. Now, 15 years and 3 kids later (yep hubbie is still here as well) I finally got accepted. It's been a very emotional and financially exhausting trip to get here and Im told its going to be equally emotional and financially draining making through the next 4 years until graduation. But I think its gonna be worth it. At least I hope it is.

[Sorry, this was not my orginal first post. But, the first one was long and personal and I thought that people just happening upon this blog would be lost without some explanation. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment